Dr. Tsang Hai Huang
National Cheng Kung University
PhD, National Taiwan Normal University, 2001.
Major: Physical Education
BA, National Tainan Teachers’ College, 1995.
Major: Elementary Education
Licensures and Certifications
C level swimming coach, Chinese Taipei Swimming Association. (August 4, 2014 - August 4, 2016).
C level swimming judgement, Chinese Taipei Swimming Association. (August 4, 2014 - August 4, 2016).
American Society of Bone and Mineral Research. (January 1, 2007 - Present).
National Society of Physical Education of the Republic of China. (January 1, 1999 - Present).
Published Intellectual Contributions
1. Lin HS, Wang HS, Chiu HT, Cheng KB, Hsu AT, Huang TH. (通訊作者) (2018, May). Structural and Biomechanical Adaptations to Free-Fall Landing in Hindlimb Cortical Bone of Growing Female Rats. Journal of Sport Science and Medicine, 17(2),188-196.
2. Chia-Liang Tsai , Tsang-Hai Huang and Meng-Che Tsai (2017, Oct). Neurocognitive performances of visuospatial attention and the correlations with metabolic and inflammatory biomarkers in adults with obesity. Experimental Physiology, 102(12):1683-1699.
3. Chen CH, Huang TH, Cheng TL, Chang CF, Wang CZ, Wu MH, Kang L. (2017, Jun). Exercise training ameliorates glucosamine-induced insulin resistance in ovariectomized rats. Menopause, 24(6):617-623.
4. Wen HJ, Huang TH, Li TL, Chong PN, Ang BS (2017, Feb). Effects of short-term step aerobics exercise on bone metabolism and functional fitness in postmenopausal women with low bone mass. Osteoporosis International, 28(2):539-547.
5. Ouattara, A., Cooke, D., Gopalakrishnan, R., Huang, T. H., Ables G. P. (2016). Methionine restriction alters bone morphology and affects osteoblast differentiation. Bone Reports 5, 33-42.
6. Huang, T. H. Ables, G. P. (2016). Dietary restrictions, bone density, and bone quality. Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, 1363:26-39.
7. Huang, T. H. (通訊作者), Su, I. H., Lewis, J. L., Chang, M. S., Hsu, A. T., Perrone, C. E., Ables, G. P. (2015). Effects of methionine restriction and endurance exercise on bones of ovariectomized rats: a study of histomorphometry, densitometry, and biomechanical properties. Journal of Applied Physiology 119(5): 517-26.
8. Liao, H.W., Hung, P.H., Hsiao, C.Y., Liou, H.H., Lin, H.S., Huang, T.H., Jou, I.M., Tsai, K.J. (2015). Relationship between Fibroblast Growth Factor 23 and Biochemical and Bone Histomorphometric Alterations in a Chronic Kidney Disease Rat Model Undergoing Parathyroidectomy. PLoS One 10(7): e0133278.
9. Stemig, M., Astleford, K., Emery, A., Cho, J. J., Allen, B., Huang, T. H., Gopalakrishnan, R., Mansky, K. C., Jensen, E. D. (2015) Deletion of Histone Deacetylase 7 in Osteoclasts Decreases Bone Mass in Mice by Interactions with MITF. PLOS One 10(4): e0123843.
10. Tsai, C. L., Wang, C. H., Pan, C. Y., Chen, F. C., Huang, T. H., & Chou, F. Y. (2014). Executive function and endocrinological responses to acute resistance exercise. Frontiers in Behavioral Neuroscience 8: 262.
11. Huang TH, Lewis JL, Lin HS, Kuo LT, Mao SW, Tai YS, Chang MS, Ables GP, Perrone CE, Yang RS. (2014). A Methionine-Restricted Diet and Endurance Exercise Decrease Bone Mass and Extrinsic Strength but Increase Intrinsic Strength in Growing Male Rats. Journal of Nutrition 144(5), 621-630.
12. Tsai CL, Chen FC, Pan CY, Wang CH, Huang TH, Chen TC. (2014). Impact of acute aerobic exercise and cardiorespiratory fitness on visuospatial attention performance and serum BDNF levels. Psychoneuroendocrinology 41:121-31.
13. Broege A, Pham L, Jensen ED, Emery A, Huang TH, Stemig M, Beppu H, Petryk A, O'Connor M, Mansky K, Gopalakrishnan R.(2013). Bone morphogenetic proteins signal via SMAD and mitogen-activated protein (MAP) kinase pathways at distinct times during osteoclastogenesis. Journal of Biological Chemistry 288(52):37230-40.
14. Lin, H.S., Huang, T. H. (通訊作者), Wang, H.S., Yang, R.S. (2012). Enhancements of Free-Fall Landing on the Trabecular Bone Structure in Tibiae of Growing Female Rats: A Time Course Study. Adaptive Medicine 4(1): 27-32.
15. Lin, C.F., Huang, T. H. (通訊作者), Tu, K.C., Lin, L.L., Tu, Y.H., Yang, R.S. (2012). Acute Effects of Plyometric Jumping and Intermittent Running on Serum Bone Markers in Young Males. European Journal of Applied Physiology 112 (4): 1475-1484.
16. Huang, T.H., Lin, H.S., Chen, H.I., Yang, R.S. (2011). The Effects of Systemically Chemical Sympathectomy on Local Bone Loss Induced by Sciatic Neurectomy. Journal of Orthopaedic Science 16(5):629-37.
17. Lin, H. S., Huang, T. H.(通訊作者), Mao, S. W., Tai, Y. S., Chiu, H. T., Cheng, K. Y. B., Yang, R. S. (2011). A short-term free-fall landing enhances bone formation and bone material properties. Journal of Mechanics in Medicine and Biology 11(5):1125-1139.
18. Huang, T. H., Hsieh, S. S., Liu, S. H., Chang, F. L., Lin, S. H., Yang, R. S. (2010). Swimming Training Increases the Post-Yield Energy of Bone in Young Male Rats. Calcified Tissue International 86: 142-153.
19. Tang, C. H., Huang, T. H., Chang, C. S., Fu, W. M., & Yang, R. S. (2009). Water solution of onion crude powder inhibits RANKL-induced osteoclastogenesis through ERK, p38 and NF-kB pathways. Osteoporosis International 20, 93-103.
20. Huang, T. H., Mühlbauer, R. C., Tang, C. H., Chen, H. I., Chang, G. L., Huang, Y. W., Lai, Y. T., Lin., H. S., Yang, W. T., & Yang, R. S*. (2008). Onion decreases the ovariectomy-induced osteopenia in young adult rats. Bone 42, 1154-1163.
21. Huang TH, Chang, F. L., Lin, S. C., Liu, S. H., Hsieh, S. S., & Yang, R. S*. (2008). Endurance treadmill running training benefits the biomaterial quality of bone in growing male Wistar rats. Journal of Bone and Mineral Metabolism 26, 350-357.
22. Huang, T. H., Tang, C. H., Chen, H. I., Fu, W. M., and Yang R. S. * (2008). Low-intensity Pulsed Ultrasound Promoted Bone Healing is not entirely Cyclooxgenase-2 dependent. Journal of Ultrasound in Medicine 27:1415–1423.
23. Chiu YC, Huang TH, Fu WM, Yang RS, Tang CH*. (2008). Ultrasound stimulates MMP-13 expression through p38 and JNK pathway in osteoblasts. Journal of Cellular Physiology 215, 356-365.
24. Tang, C. H., Yang, R. S., Huang, T. H., Lu, D. Y., Chuang, W. J., Huang, T. F., Fu, W. M*. (2006). Ultrasound stimulates cyclooxygenase-2 expression and increases bone formation through integrin, focal adhesion kinase, phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase, and Akt pathway in osteoblasts. Molecular Pharmacology 69, 2047-2057.
25. Yang, R. S., Chen, Y. Z., Huang, T. H., Tang, C. H., Fu, W. M., Lu, B. Y., Lin, W. L*. (2005). The effects of low-intensity ultrasound on growing bone after sciatic neurectomy. Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology 31, 431-437.
26. Yang, R. S., Tang, C. H., Chuang, W. J., Huang, T. H., Peng, H. C., Huang, T. F., Fu, W. M. * (2005). Inhibition of tumor formation by snake venom disintegrin. Toxicon 45, 661-669.
27. Yang, R. S., Li, W. L., Chen, Y. Z., Tang, C. H., Huang, T. H., Lu, B. Y., Fu, W. M. * (2005). Regulation by ultrasound treatment on the integrin expression and differentiation of osteoclasts. Bone 36, 276-283.
28. Tang, C. H., Yang, R. S., Huang, T. H., Liu, S. H., and Fu, W. M. * (2004). Enhancement of fibronectin fibrillogenesis and bone formation by basic fibroblast growth factor via protein kinase C-dependent pathway in rat osteoblasts. Molecular Pharmacology, 66, 440-449.
29. Huang, T. H., Lin, S. H., Chang, F. L., Hsieh, S. S., Liu, S. H., and Yang, R. S. * (2003). The effects of different exercise modes on mineralization, structure and biomechanical properties of growing bone. Journal of Applied Physiology Journal of Applied Physiology, 95, 300-307.
30. Hunag, T. H., Yang, R. S., Hsieh, S. S., and Liu, S. H. (2002). Effects of caffeine and exercise on the development of bone: a densitometric and histomorphometric study in young Wistar rats. Bone, 30(1), 293-299.
Contracts, Grants and Sponsored Research
1. Huang, T. H., Bone mineral density, bone metabolism, training load and life history of middle-aged male long distance runners: A long-term follow-up study (Grant abstract). " Sponsored by Ministry of Science and Technology, Taiwan. (August 1, 2018 – July, 2019)
2. Huang, T. H., The Effects of Pre- and Post-interventions of Endurance Training and Caloric Restriction on Bone Quality of Ovariectomized Middle Age Rats. " Sponsored by Ministry of Science and Technology, Taiwan. (August 1, 2016 – July, 2018)
3. Huang, T. H., "The roles of osteocalcin-insulin reaction loop in modeling adult skeleton under conditions of dietary manipulations and endurance exercise training," Sponsored by Ministry of Science and Technology, Federal. (August 1, 2014 - July 31, 2016).
4. Huang, T. H. (Principal), "The role of bone morphogenetic protein-2 in responding to mechancial stress of bone tissue," Sponsored by NSC, Federal, $627,000.00. (August 1, 2012 - July 31, 2013).
5. Huang, T. H. (Principal), Chang, M.-S. (Co-Principal), Yang, R.-s. (Co-Principal), "The Effects of Low-methionine Diets and Endurance Exercise on Bone Quality in Growing and Ovariectomized Rats," Sponsored by National Science Council, $2,277,000.00. (August 1, 2010 - July 31, 2012).
6. Huang, T. H. (Principal), Chen, H.-i. (Supporting), Yang, R. S. (Co-Principal), Mao, S.-w. (Supporting), "The effects of endurance exercise on bone quality of growing and estrogen-deficient rats," Sponsored by National Science Council, $1,716,000.00. (August 1, 2008 - July 31, 2010).
7. Huang, T. H. (Principal), Yang, R.-S. (Co-Principal), Chen, H.-i. (Supporting), "The role of neuro-innervation and physical activity on bone development and metabolism," Sponsored by National Science Council, $1,911,000.00. (August 1, 2006 - July 31, 2008).
Research in Progress
1. " NCKU Triathletes’ Coach Project " (On-Going)
2. Part of this project has been Sponsored by Ministry of Science and Technology, Taiwan titled “Bone mineral density, bone metabolism, training load and life history of middle-aged male long distance runners: A long-term follow-up study.”
Committee Member, Course Development Committee –Institute of Physical Education, Health and Leisure Studies. (2014 - 2015).
Committee Chair, Course Development Committee –Institute of Physical Education, Health and Leisure Studies. (2013 - 2014).
Committee Chair, Course Development Committee –Institute of Physical Education, Health and Leisure Studies. (2008 - 2009).
Committee Chair, Research Development Committee –Institute of Physical Education, Health and Leisure Studies. (2007 - 2008).
Committee Member, Course Committee of Management College. (August 1, 2013 - July 31, 2014).
Committee Member, Committee of Management College. (August 1, 2011 - July 31, 2012).
Committee Member, College Development Committee. (2008 - 2009).
Committee Member, Computer and Network Center of University. (2014 - 2015).
Reviewer, Journal Article, EvidenceBased Complementary and Alternative Medicine. (2015 - Present).
Reviewer, Journal Article, Calcified Tissue Internal. (2008 - Present).
Reviewer, Journal Article, International Journal of Sports Science. (2008 - Present).
Reviewer, Journal Article, International SportMed Journal. (2008 - Present).
Reviewer, Journal Article, JMED Research. (2008 - Present).
Reviewer, Journal Article, Journal of Applied Physiology. (2008 - Present).
Lecture, Taiwan Kaohsiung Prison (2009-2010)
Member, South Taiwan Sports Science Center. (2009 - 2014)